Fitting - Ski Boots
Ski boot fitting at Lockwoods
Great fitting ski boots will enable you to ski better and for longer, with more control, and in greater comfort. We are nationally recognised for our expert ski boot fitting service, and stock an extensive range of alpine and touring boots, as well as a large range of ski bindings, poles, luggage, and ski touring accessories.
Our fitting service
During a normal 'boot fit', we provide:
- A detailed measurement of your feet (they are normally slightly different sizes and widths).
- Recommendations regarding suitable ski socks to wear with your boots.
- Recommendations regarding the model(s) of boot best suited to your foot shape, skiing ability, and budget.
- Fitting of boots, including heat moulding of liners, and any modifications which may successfully enhance the fit.
- Recommendations regarding accessories which will add to the comfort of your ski boots, such as footbeds, liner upgrades, and heaters.
- Recommendations regarding accessories which will extend the life of your ski boots.
We will also explain the benefits of:
- Fitting a trim-to-fit supportive footbed.
- Moulding and fitting a custom-made footbed.
If required, we can also stretch and make modifications to ski boot shells, and fit higher performance accessory liners.
If you've not previously had ski boots fitted in our Leamington store, then please note:
- Please allow plenty of time - ski boot fitting typically takes between 1½ to 2 hours.
- Boot modification, and moulding and fitting of custom footbeds or liners can also take a similar length of time.
- If you have your own ski socks, then do bring them along, as the sock used during the boot fit should be the sock you then ski in.
- On Saturdays we operate a deli-counter first-come-first-served ticket system, as we can get very busy. This system means you are in the queue and won't miss your turn, and gives the the opportunity to have a good look round the store while you are waiting.
- Ladies - we politely suggest that you wear appropriate clothing for sitting on a high bench while we measure your feet and work on your boots.
- Please remember that skinny jeans can also make trying on ski boots more difficult.
Ski boot fitting in our Leamington Spa store
Measuring and foot assessment.
Selecting an appropriate boot based on foot shape and skier ability.
Checking the fit and size of ski boot shell.
Heating of ski boot liners prior to moulding.
Moulding a Superfeet custom foot support for improved fit, comfort and performance.
Modification of a ski boot shell for an ankle issue.
If you have any questions about our ski boot fitting service, then please don't hesitate to contact our ski boot fitting team on 01926 339388 (option 1).