Is this the best footwear for you? We pride ourselves in finding not just the best type of footwear for your intended use, but also the best fitting model for your foot size, width and shape. Book a free fitting appointment now
A new version of the original Alta Bunion boot, based on the very popular Banks GTX. A high quality leather hiking boot, ideal for all-round walking and rambling, and good tracks and trails in the mountains. Their 'hallux' bunion-friendly last gives extra room around the big toe joint, while the soft upper requires virtually no breaking in.
- Specially developed 'hallux' last*.
- Nubuck leather, suede and synthetic upper.
- LWG (Leather Working Group) Gold-rated nubuck leather – a certification that guarantees not just particularly high quality but also sustainable, eco-friendly manufacturing.
- Very soft ankle cuff and tongue.
- Wide, extended lacing offers a lot of adjustment.
- Soft lace loops over forefoot flex area.
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex lining.
- Raised toe and heel to aid a natural foot-roll.
- Vibram Endurance Pro outsole.
*The 'hallux' last gives increased room for the big toe joint meaning that those with prominent bunions (hallux vulgus) don't have to over-size their boots to achieve a comfortable fit (oversizing often leads to an uncomfortable, sloppy fit over the rest of the foot, and reduces the life from the boot and it's waterproof lining). The seams on this boot have also been positioned for minimum restriction to the big toe joint, while the Gore-Tex lining has been specially developed to give extra room in this area.
We regularly deal with customers with foot issues, with bunions being a common problem. We are very pleased to have found such a top-quality walking boot that fits so well off-the-shelf.
Please note that while we make every effort to ensure our 'available to sell' stock levels are accurate, errors do occur. If you're planning a special trip to our Leamington store, please contact us first to double-check availability. All prices include VAT at 20%. Orders shipped outside the UK will have the VAT removed at checkout.