A development of the industry standard Grigri assisted-braking belay device, the Grigri Plus has the added features of an 'anti-panic' lower-off handle, and two levels of assisted-braking - one for top-roping (more grabby), and one for lead-climbing (less grabby for easier giving of slack). Ideal for novice climbers or those who climb with them.
- Anti-panic control lever re-engages brake - and therefore stops lowering - if pulled too hard due to panic reaction or over-zealous technique.
- Two levels of assisted braking controlled with a switch - a quicker lock-off for top-roping (particularly good for novice belayers), or slower lock-off to enable quickly giving slack to a lead climber.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- Compact, light and durable.
- Stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long service life.
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior).
- 3-year warranty.
Rope diameter: 8.5 to 11mm (optimised for 8.9 to 10.5mm).
Please note that while we make every effort to ensure our 'available to sell' stock levels are accurate, errors do occur. If you're planning a special trip to our Leamington store, please contact us first to double-check availability.