To be able to make fire has always been one of the corner stones of survival. The Swedish FireSteel was developed by Lars Fält, a survival expert with the Swedish army. Today The Swedish FireSteel is used by special army forces around the world, as well as bushcrafters, expeditions, and outsoorsmen. Made from a special alloy containing magnesium, the Swedish firesteel creates a shower of sparks that burn at almost 3000°C, easily igniting:
- Camping stoves powered by gas or liquid fuel.
- Dry grass, wood shavings, cotton wool, or similar tinder for starting a campfire.
- Gas BBQs.
This updated Bio version of the original Scout model features:
- An improved handle which is easier to grip.
- An improved striker which integrates an emergency whistle.
- Biobased plastic handles.
- Supplied in a neat little drawstring storage bag.
Lasts about 3,000 strikes. 77x24x14mm. 27g.
Please note that stock levels shown on our website are not 'live'. If you're planning a trip to our Leamington store, please contact us first for the latest stock information.