Strong and easy-to-knot 5mm nylon kernmantle construction climbing accessory cord, ideal for making up prusik loops as a backup for abseiling, for self-rescue, or for crevasse rescue.
- Kernmantle construction - a protective woven sheath with twisted core.
- Tie with a double-fisherman's knot for maximum security and strength.
- Cut ends should be sealed with a flame or hot-knife to prevent fraying.
- Meets CE and UIAA standards.
- 3 meters is enough to make x2 general purpose prusik loops for rock climbers and mountaineers.
- Also useful for making ice-thread anchors, or for use as abseil 'tat'.
- Please note that colour and pattern of sheath may vary.
Breaking load: 6kN (approximately 600kg static load).
If you order multiples of '1 meter (continuous)', you will be supplied with a single length of cord (i.e. if you order 10 x 1 meter, you will be supplied with a single 10 meter length). If you order the 3 or 5 meter options, you will be supplied with pre-cut lengths (i.e. if you order 2 x 5 meter, you will be supplied with two lengths of cord that are 5 meters long!).
Other diameters of climbing accessory cord - from 2mm to 8mm - are available in our Leamington Spa store.
Please note that while we make every effort to ensure our 'available to sell' stock levels are accurate, errors do occur. If you're planning a special trip to our Leamington store, please contact us first to double-check availability.